I was born and raised on a farm in Wright County where a commitment to education and hard work was fostered and developed by my parents. I have been involved in this community since 1990 and my family has deep roots in business, agriculture, and the environment. I am married and raising three boys in Senate District 14 and I have a vision for Central Minnesota's bright future.
As your State Senator, I will not put state government before your family budget. I believe if an individual will take the time to educate themselves and pursue their goals with hard work there is few obstacles that cannot be overcome. These characteristics help qualify me to represent the residents of Senate District 14 as your next Senator. I have the ability to look at both sides of an issue objectively and bring people together to help make decisions that will be best for our residents. The elimination of corruption at every level is the key our economy's success. Historically, our economy is the greatest and most productive the world has ever seen because we have been generally honest. Economy's fail at every level when the corruption is to great to overcome. I will work at the state capitol to try and create an economic environment that is competitive and fair.
I would be very grateful for your vote on November 6, 2012. Thank you very much for your consideration.
- State Senator
- Capitol Investment Committee, Vice Chairman
- Jobs & Economic Growth Committee
- Environment Committee
- Local Government & Elections Committee
- Higher Education Committee
- Unemployment Advisory Council
- Clean Water Council
- St. Cloud City Council
- Zoning Board of Appeals
- Planning Commission
- Volunteer, Whitney Senior Center Woodshop Supervior
- Commissioner, St. Cloud Housing and Redevelopment Authority
- Part-Owner, Amcon Block & Precast, Inc.
- Part-Time Instructor (Human Relations), Dale Carnegie
- Part-Time Instructor (Customized Training), St. Cloud Technical College.
- Adjunct Instructor (Business Department), Rasmussen College
- Masters Degree in Business Administration, Cardinal Stritch University - Milwaukee, WI
- BS Business Administration, BS Biblical Studies, Northwestern College - St. Paul, MN